Friday 27 July 2012

Cat protection

I love cats .Tilda and Thomasina , my most recent ones  are such great characters- but then most cats are.
And exactly because I love them so much, I dread to think what horrible accidents could happen to them out on the road.Sadly I lost two cats through car accidents in the past, so you can imagine I would do anything for that never to happen again.



This is Tilda saying hello to the camera by the way.
So to protect them against  being run over by a car , I keep them on a lead when they are going outside.

Thomasina is very good with this, it does not bother her at all.



She's such an easy cat and such a funny and silly one too.

It's Tilda who panicks easily when she hears a strange sound, then runs around and hides, too frightened to get back indoors.
So I usually carry Tilda around while the others potter around... I know it's not prefect but she seems to be OK about it.


And such a lovely evening it was too, tonight..
Some more roses have come out..


And this climber is getting bigger and bigger..




10 years ago I was sitting in this backgarden, thinking." Now that is so boring... I think I should grow something in it, like a vigorous climber.. a rose maybe ."
And here we are.


Mission not quite accomplished, but we're on our way.
Such a beautiful sky tonigh!


Well, there you are - safety for cats.When in doubt- put them on a lead.You know it makes sense!

Have a great rest of the week!

XOXO


Bea

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Bea- I love your kitties...AND your gardens- they are just gorgeous- xo Diana

ps. My blog today is about my granddaghter's "run in" with the neighbor's cat!;>)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

Oh, after our first cat-girl got killed by a car; in front of Pieter's eyes... I used a leash on the second one. Till our best friends insisted we install cat-doors. Our property is one and a half hectare so that is safe and I taught them not to go onto the road. BUT it takes only one squirrel or rabbit to follow. Maybe not, as they are scared to death for the dog across the road.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Enjoy your lovely garden.
Hugs and love to you,
Mariette

Tricia said...

I love cats too. I really can't imagine how anyone can't like them...they have such funny personalities. You're kitties are a couple of cuties :)