Friday 30 September 2011

Art , books and dogs

Art, books and dogs, that would just about sum me up.
I was inspired today by Naomi from DesignManifest -her latest post is about a wall of shelves and art .
So I thought to show you around a bit at Modern Country Lady- the pad :-)
Here is one of the walls in my living room - mainly dog paintings,and prints.
The oil painting with the black and white dog is of my fabulous and much missed dog Harris.

This is me with Harris two years ago.He was fifteen at the time and started to get tired easily on walks.. such a lovely adorable doglet.


Then there are shelves full of books about design , art and craft, and thrillers :)- just in case you're bored ..

This cherub lamp was thrown away so I rewired it , repaired the right hand side of the face with Polyfiller and gave it a new coat of paint and a new shade.
That papier mache book is there to remind me I want to do a whole load of exciting projects with it. Everything is possible with papier mache, did you know? It becomes rock hard like wood- and you can even make furniture with it..
And the lamp gives that bit of extra light.

Then to the right of the wall with dog paintings is the fire place.
I love clocks but my French clock does not fit on this fireplace so it's in my work room..
This clock is not as pretty but has a Westminster chime ( like Big Ben ).

In front of the fireplace is an ottoman.A bit of a tricky beast as the two right legs are loose .Definitely on my list to do is to glue two dratted things back with " No more nails" - one day ..
Here is the temperamental ottoman from the front.I usually don't do candles but this is when we first had bough the ottoman and were still very much in love with it.Little did we know about the loose legs and the temperament at that time!

Then in front of the ottoman is the sofa.This is usually taken over by dogs.

And at the end of the room is my desk .. with a statue that wears my gardening hat.
I usually check up on emails and the blog from here ..
And to the right of the statue is my lucky frog- who is now on my desk as my dogs kept on trying to eat him :-)
Hope you enjoyed your tour.. I'm off to enjoy the fabulous weather..
There is a sunny bench in the garden calling my name :-)
Have a lovely weekend!
XOXO
Bea

linking to
weekend wrap up party
metamorphosis monday







8 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Wow I'm impressed with your cherub lamp! You are such a brilliant creator. Now I think I need to learn more about paper mache.

Thanks for the link, dear!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

You are indeed a very brilliant creator and you manage to maintain and often improve things that come your way!
Enjoy your sunny weekend and love to you,

Mariette

Nita Stacy said...

Love your wall of dog art! But love seeing your puppies the most.

Ivy and Elephants said...

I am in love with your cherub lamps and of course your gorgeous dogs. The wall of art is brilliant. Thanks for sharing my dear!

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a lovely cozy room. You have a lot of books. I adore the dog pictures. Your dogs have the right idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea:

Just love your charming home! The casual " organized disorganized" elegance is beautiful. The dogs and the sofa -- so english! Ahhh Harris.... love the shelves and whole array.

Thanks so much for your comments at Design Gives Back!

Huge hug.

Kelee

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea:

I stopped earlier and commented...didn't come thru I guess.

Love love all of your art, books and things.... the dogs are magnificent! A charming abode.....so warm and elegant.

Thank-you for your comments today!

Hugs, Kelee

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

Yes, you got your angel lamp too! Those are so lovely and I sure cannot pass them by.
Love to you,

Mariette