Sunday 20 February 2011

A quick spring display

I just wanted to share a quick idea with you for some spring colour in your own home.
This is provided you have your garden with some bulbs already peeping through the ground, like for instance, snowdrops.
If not , you can usually get some ready grown bulbs from a flowershop or garden centre.
First, get a nice bowl.
Line it with a bin-liner which you cut to the right size, so your bowl won't be stained..
Get some early spring bulbs - either dig a bunch of spring flowers like snowdrops out with bulbs and all from your garden or get yourself some ready grown bulbs. Place in your chosen bowl.
Get some moss ( my lawn is full of it- but you can also get moss when you go on walks, just take a plastic bag- don't take too much though and leave some for other people )- and use the moss to cover the plastic lining.Done!
Then just have a look around where it  will look best...
Are you just like me totally in spring mood? Let me know what you think !!


I am linking this to Friday's Remodelaholic Link Party
....................................................................................................................

Millie and Maud



The latest link to their most recent adventure is here

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks so pretty. Love your display, lovely. Hugs, Marty

SoBijoux said...

Lovely!!!
My bulbs
http://ionedartes.blogspot.com/search/label/Jardim :
Hugs
Ione

Square With Flair said...

I am reminded of these lines from Wordsworth,
"Nor will I then thy modest grace forget,
Chaste Snowdrop, venturous harbinger of Spring,"

In these times of reality shows, addiction to electronic media, and indelicate celebrity gossip, how sweet and charming are these quiet, diminutive beauties.

Your arrangement in the white turreen is lovely, but I've found it so difficult to establish them in my city garden (squirrels digging everything up), that I couldn't bring myself to extract them.

Thanks for this lovely reminder of spring to come.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

You are always such a clever decorator! This is lovely, especially in this great dish. We got back this afternoon from two days in Atlanta and believe it or not; 25°C! Crazy for the time of the year... but it will for sure NOT last.
Thanks for you visits and I wish you a very nice week; all of you...

Love,

Mariette

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Very sweet and clever. Definitely says SPRING. Love the dish you used for your display. I'm a new follower. Discovered your blog over at Marty's Table Top Tuesday.
CAS

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture!
I hope you are doing well.
Xo,
E&J