Thursday 10 February 2011

My garden- a look back over the year

I am so looking forward to the spring and summer, and thought to share a few pictures of my garden, and how it looked last year.
I have felt a bit under the weather and have not worked on any projects for my blog .
I just did not have the energy-. These are the sort of glasses I could have done with...so I could have a nice snooze without people noticing........hahaha.. I am sure a rest would do me good!!

 Above the glasses picture is the view you see from the French windows that lead into the back garden.
The statue with no head is a statue of Flora, the goddess of flowers, something which had been throw away.
I thought it perfect so saved it and it now stands very happily amongst the geraniums and the mint.
 This is the terrace with a view to the back garden.



I have plans to replace the horrible concrete slabs and would love to make a concrete and pebble floor like this which I saw in the grotto in Stourhead
It's just a matter of finding the time, as I know more or less how I would do it.
Here below is the arch leading to the back garden....
 
And here is the front and the side-garden ..you can read about how I made this garden here.

This is to the side as well. The wicker screens are all planted with a vigorous and quick growing rose, "Albertine".So I am hoping for masses of pink roses there...as soon as possible!! You can tell I am a very patient person, right !!
And here is one of the three apple-trees I planted. Apples and roses, what more do you want !!
I just wanted to let you know as well I was very much delighted to receive an Blog Liking Award today from one of my sweetest blog friends, Mariette, who has a lovely blog, called Mariettes back to basics
Go and check out her blog, she is so interesting and has so many lovely posts on her blog!
Thank you so much Mariette, it's so lovely to be appreciated and liked!!
  This is the logo for the award ..Those that receive the award are required to do three things:
  • Posting this blog liking award photo on their own blog (click on the photo to get its URL)
  • Tell about 'that' day you began blogging...
  • Identify other bloggers for passing this award on.
I will have to think about all this when I feel more rested but in the meantime would like to thank Mariette very, very much.

I am linking this to

                                 


10 comments:

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Lovely garden. I am like you I am so longing for spring and gardening time.Did you make your wattle fence?

Anonymous said...

As always, you garden looks amazing! Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Be sure to stop by my blog to see the latest picture framing ideas.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Xo,
E&J

Mallorie said...

Your garden is breathtaking! :-) I love gardens and can not wait to have one of my own! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!! :-)

Donnie said...

I know you are waiting for spring so you can get out into that gorgeous yard. Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day.

Jeri ~ said...

Your garden is gorgeous!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love LOVE! Particularly when it is pink.

Happy hearts day to you and yours.

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


What a magical place you have!


~ Gabriela ~

One Shabby Old House said...

Beautiful. I agree with Gabriela...you have a magical place!

Square With Flair said...

How beautiful your garden is. I like the white furniture so much better than the black, bronze, and brown that is currently proposed by designers. I also have white outdoor furniture, arbours and trellises. I was going to ask if your terrace stones were slate, they look so nice. They seem to be weathered,and look just fine. Don't bother changing them.

Fishtail Cottage said...

not sure if i would ever leave your gardens! beautiful. i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you come by to peek around or even link up?!? hope to see you sometime! xoox, tracie