Monday 23 July 2012

Hello Summer




Hello Summer! I woke up to a scorching hot day today- the first of hopefully many.
I know that soon people will say it's too hot, and once it's start raining it's too wet- but I think we should enjoy everything that life throws at us and make the best of it.
Summer - I hope you're staying for a little while and make it possible too relax on long summer evenings with a glass or two of something nice and our loved ones around us- who could ask for anything more.
Love the look of this peach sangrai which I saw in The Kitchn..


You can find the recipe here- definitely making this!

I did not have any curtains in the kitchen since I tidyied up my window sills so the heat hit me right in the face when I came in this morning for my first cup of tea of the day..




Who-ah! How hot it can get so quickly!  England is a strange country- part eternal drizzle and part Mediterranean climate sometimes.
Immediate  action was required.. so I found a nice white fringed throw...and a couple of minutes later I had quite a neat new curtain.


 Quite like the fringed edge actually! And it fits quite neatly with the rest of the kitchen.

There's nothing like a quick result, I always find, don't you agree.






In the meantime, we are all enjoying this glorious weather..





Now, if I could persuade those guys in the garden down the road to cut it out with their chainsaws, life would be really prefect..:-)


Have a great week !!

XOXO

Bea



linking to
Metamorphosis Monday 

2 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

Oh yes, you are living in a special climate. One that is perfect for a showcase garden but humans love some sunshine too.
Enjoy it while it lasts and you are talented enough for creating curtains or whatever comes to your mind!
Love to you,
Mariette

NanaDiana said...

Your curtain looks very nice. It is very, very hot here, too. We have broken all records this summer and the drought is upon us.

I LOVE the picture of your kitty on the shelf peeking out- xo Diana