Friday 9 December 2011

It's all about the plates.....Christmas plates and crockery addiction ...


How do you feel about Christmas crockery?As you can see I am all for it, ....but I have to admit I have built it up over the years till I can change the whole of my Welsh dresser with Christmas plates and cups around Christmas..
                                      This red and white mug here below and it's brother were for a long time the only Christmas crockery I had..and I had not even bought it around Christmas, but one summer at an airport lounge in Amsterdam !
These red bowls and the square shaped serving dishes with the reindeer wearing a scarf I bought a few years later..
Reindeer + scarf = perfect Christmas nonsense, as far as I am concerned.
The year after, I managed to get hold of these stripey green and red mugs, with this " handstitched" decoration..they are perfect for a big mug of tea, and I am slightly ashamed to admit I actually used them e-v-e-r-y day instead of only around Christmas....ooops.
The small plates with Santa holding a present on the dresser-here below, and the bigger plates with Santa and Rudolph I bought at the same time..

Here you can see more of the plates..
.. and here they are too in one row..


The only downside is, the quality- it's sturdy - but I would love it ot be proper porcelain or bone china- that just feels so much nicer.This for instance, here below ( which you can find here) is from Villeroy and Boch, and I am sure that has a completely different feel to it.

My favourite producer of porcelain is Herend..I have a few of these plates, called Herend Apponyi Gruen..
This one you can find here for instance. But the downside is, they are so nice ( and also so expensive) that you daren't use them- son that's no good either !!
I love porcelain and plates and crockery, but I don't want to end up with no more space and all the cupboards full of china and nowhere to put anything so I may have to pass this year on more Christmas plates and mugs..
But then again, maybe one or two.. who knows. No! Better not!!
How are you with Christmas plates? All stacked up or still space in the cupboard?
Have a great weekend!!
XOXO
Bea



linking to
Inspiration Friday
Fancy this Fridays
Show and tell friday
Metamorphosis Monday 

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your dishes are beautiful and they all go together so well! I have two Christmas sets and one {the 12 place setting one} will be going to my daughter on permanent loan. : ) The other I just got last year and is just four place settings, but works better for us, since I don't seem to be hosting anymore.

Liz said...

That's a wonderful Christmas crockery collection!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I ahve NO MORE ROOM in any cupboards:) I ahve SOOOOO many dishes it is crazy, I admit to being a dishaholic! I love all the dishes you showed us. I have so much fun decorating and doing tables for Christmas! Come on over and look around if you get a minute. XO, Pinky

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

You got quite some Christmas china! The special green is gorgeous but indeed almost too special to really use it.
We had our daughter Liz visit from Rotterdam. She flew back on Friday evening, did write a post about her yesterday.
Love to you,

Mariette

Honey at 2805 said...

What a wonderful collection of Christmas China!

Tess said...

Love all of the red and white Christmas dishes!! Red and white always seems the most cheerful.

I have a set of not-so-expensive china with a holly/berry pattern, but ADORE Lenox "Holiday" pattern. Too expensive for my budget but really lovely.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!!!