Friday 21 June 2013

DOES THE PERFECT BATHROOM EXIST?












 If you would ask me straight I would say : " No."
But then I am picky .

And most people are probably , just like me, stuck with a bathroom the size of the inside of your shoe.


This was the bathroom I had for the last ten years- getting that little bit grubbier every year- with bits falling apart and the taps leaking.

So here are some things I did.
I kept the tiles but painted the rest of the wall and panelling white.
 Then my plan was to go for this on the walls.Which I stencilled and turned out like this.

"It doesn't do much for me" said my mother in law, when we both leaned back and stared at the wall.
And I had to give it to her, she was right.
Don't you just hate it when that happens.
I chucked some paint together that I had to get a pink , repainted the darn thing, , then plonked the meadow stencil from the bedroom on top.


It was a fluke but I found it much more bearable.
I then got a ladder to use as a towel rail after painting it white.

And then got a freestanding bath on Ebay for not too much money.
Is this my perfect bathroom?
Probably not.But it is a hell of a lot better than it was.
And very pleasant .So it turns out I am just a simple person with simple tastes after all.
Some bubbly and some bubbles and I am happy.
The End.

Have a great week people!

XOXO

Bea


1 comment:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,
What a difference it DID make! Guess you did enjoy your bubbles after all the hard work.
Hugs to you and happy weekend.
Mariette