Saturday 16 October 2010

Before and after- garden chairs and table.

My kind neighbour has a low boredom-threshold regarding furniture .This results quite often- to my delight- in unexpected windfalls for me!!Bless her!!
She gave me 6 of these garden chairs in bits with the screws and all the dovels and whatever they are called-so I put them back together again. They were in need of a bit of paint or make-over, that was all. What colour to go for? Go the Cath Kidston route and go for pale blue? Standard white- the classic and slightly boring solution ?? I could not decide on colour and put them aside for a bit to have a think.
I already had a table which was old and pretty but without chairs. That table I had rescued from an old couple who wanted it "chopped up for firewood"  .They were quite suprised I wanted it .
Here is one of the chairs in the " before " stage.
In the end I decided for Cooking Apple Green from Farrow and Ball.Not as glaring in the full sun as plain white , and a nice rustic and gentle colour.
Below the "after" pictures.

I was pretty pleased with the result. Apart from putting the chairs together, cleaning and scrubbing them, and giving them a couple of coats of paint , that was IT.
Whay kind of project are you working on ??
I look foward to your feed-back!!

I am linking this to Feature yourself Friday

13 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

WOW!!! You're handy!!! :-)

I love the green hue. Fantastic!

Luciane, from HomeBunch.com

AntiqueChase said...

Lucky you to have such a generous neighbor! I love them!

Thanks for the visit!! :)

Vanessa said...

That is such a lovely shade of green! I absolutely love it and you did a great job!
Vanessa

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there- I love the color you chose for those chairs! They look gorgeous- great job! Might have to check out that color for my kitchen!! :)

Pam Kessler said...

That is a nice shade of green. I agree, white tends to be a little glaring in the sun. You did a great job.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh I love seeing those chairs again!! They are beautiful in their new green!! Love it! Makes me want to paint a few outside chairs I have too!! Thanks so much for linking up to Feathered Nest Friday and sharing this!! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love, love, love it. Such a pretty color and your tablescape is just wonderful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Denise said...

That must have been a lot of work. But it sure paid off. They're such a nice shade of green - very soothing.

the cape on the corner said...

what a great project, b/c those chairs looked a sight! love the color you chose.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are beautiful. Thanks for joining the party.

Sandy said...

Love the soft green color! I have a rocker that my neighbor abandoned to the curb and I scooped up, maybe I'll go with a similar color for it ;)

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Wow, your chairs look beautiful! Great transformation!

Tanya said...

These are just beautiful! What a great pay off for your effort.